Sign in to follow this  
paul.

baby rage craw - "the little bait that could"

well y'all, Big O has officially given me the o.k. to talk about it, so now so i'm gonna. the "baby rage craw" is undoubtedly one of the deadliest sight fishing baits i've ever tied on. maybe one of the deadliest baits, period. and this comes from a guy who admittedly uses live bait on a regular basis. ;) those who were at the ky lake roadtrip got a preview of this tiny bait, which is smaller than your little finger. thankfully, steve was kind enough to give me a few of 'em. little did i know at the time he was handing me what just might be the equivalent of legal dynamite when applied properly. having seen now first hand what these baby craws can do in sight fishing situations, the word "impressed" seems like such an understatement. these little gems have now produced two very nice fish for me, one earlier last week - http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1242705163 - and then an even bigger one, pictured below. ;)

of course the bait's effectiveness might not be news to folks who keep up with the pros since the baby craw hasn't even been released yet and it's already making waves on the tournament trail.

http://www.ragetail.com/news/new-baby-rage-craw-helps-secure-a-win-at-bassmaster-central-open/

http://www.strikeking.com/journal/00304/1.php

and sight fishing is just one application. finesse jigs, clear water, pressured fish, shakey heads, and several other scenarios come to mind in which this bait will undoubtedly shine. it will catch lots of fish. and it will most definitely catch big fish. it's almost like the baby craw takes offense to the "big bait, big fish" theory and hits the lake with a chip on it's shoulder and something to prove. i guess it's that undeniable ragetail attitude coming through.

but i do have to be fair and honest and share the bad with the good. so far there have been 3 major negatives i have encountered with this bait - (1) not getting them sooner, (2) not trying them out sooner, and (3) not having enough of them. make no mistake y'all, the baby rage craw is "the little bait that could" (and did, and can, and will). having said all this, i have only had this bait in my hands a fairly short time. i will step aside and defer to Big O when it comes to any questions about the bait itself as he the the man with the plan when it comes to this and all other ragetail products. thank you steve for these incredible little baits. hope y'all are catchin' some too. :)

Thats a hell of a sow Paul.Thanks for the post.

The spawn has been over for quite some time here :'(

Man, you're killin' me!

Great fish, great pic.

8-)

Heck Paul...That AINT Small, you said you were gonna use'em to try to catch some of the small to medium size fish..... ;D

You go Man and keep on slayin those giants

Big O

Can you post pictures of the baby rage craw?  I would really love to see it.

i'm checking with Big O on the pix.   ;)  

trust me, it's just the cutest lil' thing y'all ever saw. ;)  the bass seem to be quite attached to it (literally) as well. ;D

Ok thanks!!!  

Paul I don't know if I should be more jealous that you got some before me or because of all the huge fish you catch!!!  :'( ;D

Congrats on the hawg Paul, you fish some awesome waters to be able to catch all of those hawgs.  I am sure the Baby Rage Craw helped just a bit.

If I keep looking at fish like this one, I think I'm gonna have to pack up and move south... nice!

What does this baby craw look like?  When and where can we buy some?

I love the current Rage Craw, can't wait to see the baby one.

It looks exactly like the regular craw, only smaller.

I still haven't used mine yet.  Looks perfect for the Bitsy Bug.