Sign in to follow this  
ToledoEF

Which Line???

Ok here is my deal, I ended up with some veritas rods, 7' M feels more like a MH and I will be using it for light texas rigs, 3/8oz at the heaviest, mostly 3/16oz and 1/4oz I have some 14lb flouro I can spool on my lews tournament pro reel (which balances perfect with the veritas) or should I go braid with flourocarbon leader? Mostly will be fished around light vegitation docks and rocky shoreline. Your suggestions are all welcome, I used to be braid only guy and just started switching to flourocarbon.

I would just spool up the floro. Sounds like your not going to be fishing anything super heavy which is where braid comes into play. Floro is sensitive, abrasion resistant, and virtually invisible. It makes a great line for bottom contact baits. ;)

I have a 7'3 MH Veritas with a patriarch 7.1 and berkely fireline braid for the milfoil patches around here. I just thought about the braid so I could use an alberto knot and tie on a bunch of florocarbon over the braid and save $$ on line if thats possible.

If your using line for backing, then braid wouldn't be a good choice. 1. Its more expensive than mono and 2. It slips on the spool.

If you just want backing, go and buy some cheap mono.