Sign in to follow this  
Mottfia

I just found an extra $10 and I think I know where to spend it but need BRs advice

Ok guys I have been thinking hard about this for a little while and I believe that I am going to start experimenting with softbody swimbaits.

so what name brands do yall stand by? weighted hooks? colors? and anything that you can think about that may help me with this lure.

One big thing that can really help me out is what knowing what type of cover, structure, and conditions do these baits work well in.

Thanks guys,

Mottfia  

There's a thread on here that's praising the *** swim baits.  maybe give them a try, they're reasonably priced too.

I've just always used money minnows.  Never tried nething else, but never had too either.  I've used them around all cover tho. From docks to cypress trees.

My two personal favorites are ***'s Jaw Jack swimbait and Yum's Money Minnow.  I don't really have a favorite color but all of my swimbaits have something white in them so that should point you in the right direction.  For the weighted hook I would say not to go below a 4/0 hook because these are meaty swimbaits.  My favorite brand is Owner's Beast swimbait hook.  It's hard to beat the TwistLock, it keeps your baits on the hook and swimming straight every cast!

Fish them anywhere you want to, but my personal favorite place to fish them would be around docks.

Soft body swimbaits? I use 6" Huddlestons but they are just a little more than $10. I also use the luck e strike bass magic minnows.

I see Muddy hasn't replied yet.

Here's what he'd say.

If you don't know how to spend that ten bucks, he'll be glad to ease your burden.  Just send it to him.