Sign in to follow this  
nascarjimbob

soft plastic repair

any of you guys try out berkleys new hotwire superline cutter yet?

supposed to cut braided line real easy, and allso weld soft plastics back together. just wandering if anyones tried this out yet. may have to give it a try

Ive found a bic works the best and me being a smoker i always have my bic on me. To answer your question no i have not tried it yet.

I don't smoke but I carry a bic in my boat for this very reason.

The best repair method is Mend-It Soft Bait Glue. No batteries, no chance of getting burned, no glued fingers, and no mess.

x2.

The best repair method is Mend-It Soft Bait Glue. No batteries, no chance of getting burned, no glued fingers, and no mess.

For mend-it I've tried to find a distributer in Illinois which is close to me.  Strangley, they give store names but no contact info.  Do any of the big stores carry it?

x3

For mend-it I've tried to find a distributer in Illinois which is close to me. Strangley, they give store names but no contact info. Do any of the big stores carry it?

Never mind.  I failed to notice you could order it directly from the site.  my mistake.

i bought a bottle of that mend-it and it has not worked very good.

i had a few rage shades that the tails were tore half way off,and glued

them with mend-it and they didnt hold. and that was giveing them several hours to cure. may try the bic trix. hate to spend $25 for the

berkly tool but may end up buying it if it will save me money in the long run.

Mend-It is the ticket. Will and I talked this morning and I ordered another box of 100 bottles. This stuff is priceless.  My customers love it.

any of you guys try out berkleys new hotwire superline cutter yet?

supposed to cut braided line real easy, and allso weld soft plastics back together. just wandering if anyones tried this out yet. may have to give it a try

that thing is a big piece of you know what,my neighbor has it and the tips dont last long at all and 8x out of 10 he ruins the bait even more.