Sign in to follow this  
crankbait2009

Bass Pro Shop - The Egg

Has anyone ever seen this Crankbait on sale at Bass Pro Shops? I love this crank but would really love it more if it could go on sale!!!! That way I can stock up for half the price!!!

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-XPS-Lazer-Eye-Nitro&153;-Extreme-The-Egg/product/51816/-1642528

This was the first year I have fished this bait. I haven't had any luck during the day but I have been pleasantly surprised at the night time fishing success I have had with it. Now when I go out at night the first thing I think is "use the buzzbait, jitterbug, or egg". Its been that good for me.

$3.99 is about as cheap as it gets for a crank, if it produces I wouldn't bat an eye at that price!

• Like 1

I picked up a couple of the smaller ones last year based on a few reviews I had read here, but haven't tried them yet.

They look good sitting in the crank box, if that helps any. :D

Junk hooks on them, but I'm a nut about hooks. Other than that, they're a riot to fish. When fish want a smaller profile than a Mann's Waker or a RC 1.5 Wake, I like them a lot.

I agree, they are fabulous cranks!!!! I have nothing but success with them. The only gripe I have is about the hooks. They are sharp enough for me but they are too close together. One of the hooks need to be downsized so that they dont get hooked on each other.

Other than that, the crank is perfect.

Although the $3.99 price is awesome for a crank, I just hoped that a sale on them would make it easier to stock up on.

I have tried the 3/4oz egg but have had NO LUCK, jsut seems to bulky for me. The 3/8oz is perfecto!!