Sign in to follow this  
BassmanDan

Is It Really A Magic Color?

My local D**cks finally got the KVD cranks in stock in the classic-winning chartreuse/black back color. I'm not a big crankbait guy, but the bass in my lake are definitely on the ledges in 8-12 feet and you can catch the 2-4 pounders on plastics but I'm having a hard time getting the big girls to bite. They had the 6xd in that color so I bought the last one just for kicks. Got on the water Sunday and pulled up to the ledge and immediately started catching those 2's and 3's...so I thought I might as well try that new crank. Long story shorter I ended up putting two six pounders in the boat and had the best day of the year out there...even the catfish were eating that crank up.

...so is it really a magic color? I don't know but I went back and bought 3 more yesterday.

...what do y'all think?

I'm not a believer in a "magic" color or baits. You put the right lure, in the right color, in the right place, fished it the right way and caught fish.

• Like 1

You fished through the smaller, more aggressive fish with plastics, and put a change up in the zone with a crank. Welcome to "milking a spot."

When it comes to KVD I am beginning to think there may be some magic involved. As far as color, I have a 3 or 4 magic colors. The problem is I can't always predict which one is "magic" on a given day...

anything KVD is magic. dude is ridiculous and so are his lures. strike king benefits greatly from the name

i thought the "magic color" was sexy shad??? :blink::D

right place...right time....right lure.

sure does give you confidence though...and to me thats 75% if not more of it..

Chartreuse/black back has been a long time “magic” color in crank baits ;)

I got a chartreuse/blue back Series 5 that I'd swear is magic.