Sign in to follow this  
ICU812

Asd

Got out last night for about an hour with my girl – convinced her to come out with me even though the weather was a little crappy. We threw on some extra layers and tried out a new spot that was supposed to have maybe some decent bass.

The water was pretty calm and it was overcast so I decided to throw my big 6 1/2" topwater swimbait since I have gained some faith in it and love the wake action it gives and conditions seemed right.

Ended up hooking into this little 1.5 lber that actually fought pretty hard. I was hoping it was a bigger bass lol but it's my first largemouth on my swimbait setup. My girl has problems taking pictures lol sorry so blurry

sl5v6u.jpg

Also got this pickerel to hit it. The fish up here are loving this bait!

34e4v8n.jpg

glad you to fish some. bad weather can be frustrating, but also very productive. nice fish and that's a pretty sweet looking swimbait setup.

Thanks man! Yeah the weather's been kinda poor lately so I bet they're suspended somewhere - all schooled up by some ledge or something. If I could only find them I bet I could stick some decent ones! Caught the little guy off a weedline.

Now that you have some confidence in it, you'll give it a good workout ;) WTG

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Yeah it's a great feeling to have confidence in a lure/technique. Plus this big old setup is a lot of fun to throw!

Thanks for stopping through Big O! I look forward to seeing some more monsters from you!

Wow very nice catch!!!