Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

Jackall I-Shad

What's everyones experiance with these I just picked some up along with the nose hook jig for them. I only got 1 pack for now there arnt many in a pack but something bout them just told me to buy them. I watched a youtube video from icast they say just cast and reel straight back.

I also picked up a few. Havn't caught any yet, but looks awful nice in the water. Trying to get suspended fish with them.

How do u fish them like a fluke or do you have the I motion nose jigs

They are great if fished on a EWG like a fluke. I've also caught fish using them as scrounger trailers.

I have to disagree with the no action especially when hooked with the nose jig desiged for this plastic I caught 1 yesterday without trying I tied it on droped it over the edge of the canoe no rod in hand and nailed one

Well these plastics with the imotion head have earned a spot in my bag for good. I was hammering em last night on this set up nose hooked 3/8ths of an inch back casted and twitched back or pitched around timber and dead sticked. These things performed better then any fluke of mine ever has. I caught my pb pike on one and 3 5lb bass on them alongh with a ton of smaller ones and ones that came off.

After having so much success with the flick shake in 2009, I jumped the gun and bought some of the nose jig heads and I shads from Japan hoping it would be as good as the flick shakes. I used them about 4-5 times and never got a bite so I just put them in the bag and figured they just didn't work. However, I decided to try them when nothing else was working a few months ago on a lake where there were lots of fry running around. I ended up getting bit on what seemed like every cast! There were lots of smaller fish thrown in the mix, but I did manage to land a few nice ones in the 2-3lb range. It now has a more permanent spot in the tackle box for that time of year, just hope I can find a few other times that it works!

I had my best luck twitching it like a xrap or something along them lines or letting it sink and hoping it like a tube or jig. Jackall recomends cast out reel streight back no twiching I find this retrieve to be a non effictive retrieve

Well, looks like I'm going to have to buy some. When I heard about them and just reeling them in with no action I was a skeptical. Then I thought about it some more and a shad that isn't scared or hurt and is just swimming slowly in a straight line....easy meal for a bass.

i havent caught any fish on this lures but i got alot of follows on it. i almost had to but i messed up on my hookset, plus i wasnt using the jighead. instead i decided to use a gamakastu size 4 wide gap hook. but i get more follows with this lure when i am fishing in overcast weather. but when the sun comes out, i cant get anything to chase this lure anymore.