Sign in to follow this  
dulouz

I Think It's Time For A Net...

This morning I was fishing a shallow rocky shoreline, just drifting with the river's current, when I snagged a 10lb carp in the back with a crank bait. I don't have a net because I lip bass in and use a lip gripper for pike and catfish. It was all I could do to get the carp to the boat, let alone get it IN the boat. All the while trying to stay out of the rocks. I eventually got it to where I could grab the crankbait itself and lift the cow into the boat. Needless to say, I will be getting net soon.

This morning I was fishing a shallow rocky shoreline, just drifting with the river's current, when I snagged a 10lb carp in the back with a crank bait. I don't have a net because I lip bass in and use a lip gripper for pike and catfish. It was all I could do to get the carp to the boat, let alone get it IN the boat. All the while trying to stay out of the rocks. I eventually got it to where I could grab the crankbait itself and lift the cow into the boat. Needless to say, I will be getting net soon.

I never use a net either.

A few big fish lost will wish you always had a net. Part of my organization right before i hit the water is to get the net set in a accesible postion.

Just remember, Any cast can be a fish of a lifetime