Sign in to follow this  
BassinNCstyle

How To Wire A Basshunter Boat?

Hello

I'm conisdering getting a basshunter ex, but from what I understand they are not prewired. Probably not hard to do, but anyone here ever do it?

What kind wires would I need?

Thanks

It would help a great deal if you could tell us exactly what electrical equipment you are planning on installing.

You're going to need 6 guage for the trolling motor and probably 14-16 guage for the electronics. Make sure you install fuses or circuit breakers(size recommended by the mfg) at or near the battery on the + side.

I have the 8' Bass Raider. I used 6ga wire to run the TM and the power cable from my graph was long enough to reach to the back of the boat. I use alligator clips for the graph to connect to the battery. The TM has those small "washers" on the end and they fit over the battery post and tighten the wing nut to hold them on. All the wires are zip tied together and run along the floor to on side. Then I covered them with this sticky tape type stuff that the roofers use at work, sticks right to the floor, and gets stickier with heat. One thing I would recommend would be making all connections water tight. I used electrical tape, then shrink tubing, then liquid electrical tape. They have sat submerged in water many many times and I have never had an issue.

Hope that helps.

Cliff

I have the 8' Bass Raider. I used 6ga wire to run the TM and the power cable from my graph was long enough to reach to the back of the boat. I use alligator clips for the graph to connect to the battery. The TM has those small "washers" on the end and they fit over the battery post and tighten the wing nut to hold them on. All the wires are zip tied together and run along the floor to on side. Then I covered them with this sticky tape type stuff that the roofers use at work, sticks right to the floor, and gets stickier with heat. One thing I would recommend would be making all connections water tight. I used electrical tape, then shrink tubing, then liquid electrical tape. They have sat submerged in water many many times and I have never had an issue.

Hope that helps.

Cliff

thanks, sure does help