Abu Vasili

Quantum Energy Pti E10Pti

Hi Everyone,

I have a Quantum Energy PTI 10 spinning reel that i absolutely love. The trouble is; the anti-reverse is malfuntioning, and i really cant use it. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if so, do they have an idea of how to fix it? Thanks for your time.

Most likely dirt and/or corrosion, but it's impossible to be sure without seeing it or at least more detail on the symptoms. Is it slipping? Locking up? Not working at all?

It doesnt lock up, you can pretty much crank it in reverse with ease. Just as if you had the switch to 'Off". So really, the antireverse is not working at all.

The switch may have broken or come apart, Again, it's all conjecture without seeing it. Some modern spinning reels are a real handful for inexperienced folks to deal with, if you'd like to send it in I'll take a look and see what's up. Service for members here is $16.20 plus shipping and any necessary parts.

Mike

That's what I was thinking. Is there a way i can fix the switch? I have had the reel for three years, and i have maintained and oiled appropriately. I first noticed it early this year, when i hooked up with a big one and my reel started spinning the wrong way. I am not sure if it has to do with being inexperienced, because i am not inexperienced.

I meant inexperienced in reel mechanics. I assume from your original question you haven't had the anti-reverse and rotor assembly apart and they can be tricky. If you want to attempt home repair just be sure to have a schematic in front of you and pay very close attention to what to do.

It doesnt lock up, you can pretty much crank it in reverse with ease. Just as if you had the switch to 'Off". So really, the antireverse is not working at all.

Not trying to high jack, but check the anti-reverse and the sleeve for over lubrication.

My experience is that when the ar in a spinning reel starts to fail it has been from the angler over lubricating the pinion gear/axel where it enters the AR.

Quality AR systems are run clean/dry, no grease, or oils.

Just a thought..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!! :fishing1:

Not trying to high jack, but check the anti-reverse and the sleeve for over lubrication.

My experience is that when the ar in a spinning reel starts to fail it has been from the angler over lubricating the pinion gear/axel where it enters the AR.

Quality AR systems are run clean/dry, no grease, or oils.

Just a thought..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!! :fishing1:

And a good one, thanks RM!

I cleaned it out really well; greased and oiled lightly. Works like a charm. Thank you again Gentlemen!