Sign in to follow this  
Sfritr

Another Reason For Life Vests

"I tried to get them to swim to the boat, but they said they didn't know how to swim," Jensen said. "Then I had the mate throw them life jackets. One guy put on the life jacket and swam to the boat. The other two guys wouldn't get off the boat."

No one is allowed n my boat if they can't swim.

No one is allowed n my boat if they can't swim.

Unless you insist they wear a pfd, you are "missing the boat". I'd rather have a non-swimmer in my boat with a pfd, than a swimmer sans pfd.

Too many circumstances where the ability to swim is meaningless. Pass out and fall off the boat without a pfd, it doesn't matter if you can swim or not. An accident rendering you unconscious or injured and the only thing that can save your life is wearing a pfd. If your boat sinks from under you (I know they all have flotation), and you are in the middle of a large body of water, the pfd can save your life.

I can swim, and I always wear a pfd, be it in my canoe or bass boat. I don't take it off even when I am fishing.

Unless you insist they wear a pfd, you are "missing the boat". I'd rather have a non-swimmer in my boat with a pfd, than a swimmer sans pfd.

Too many circumstances where the ability to swim is meaningless. Pass out and fall off the boat without a pfd, it doesn't matter if you can swim or not. An accident rendering you unconscious or injured and the only thing that can save your life is wearing a pfd. If your boat sinks from under you (I know they all have flotation), and you are in the middle of a large body of water, the pfd can save your life.

I can swim, and I always wear a pfd, be it in my canoe or bass boat. I don't take it off even when I am fishing.

Not knocking PFD's I should wear mine more often.