Sign in to follow this  
Clint C.

2012 Pflueger Patriarch Spinning Reel

Hey everyone. I'm a bit confused.

Did Pflueger make any changes to the patriarch for 2012? I found a 2011 model for a pretty good price and just curious if there were any major changes recently.

I though I remembered reading somewhere that there was.

Thanks!

i havent seen or heard anything on changes to the patriarch, i know they changed the president and the supreme mg, but no word on the patriarch. anything under retail seems like a good deal to me!

patriarch is a sweet reel, i picked one up for $160 at gander mountain on their fathers day sale, great reel, used it as my main reel for throwing jerkbaits and flicker shads all summer (yes, i use spinning for cranks!) and it had no problems, landed all kinds of fish, from a 20lb flathead to a 15lb sheepshead, to numerous 4lb smallies, and walleyes. i will be picking up another over the winter as it perfetly matches my st croix legend tournament as well and i just picked up a new one of those!

Thanks, I just got a LTB for next season as well. What size patriarch are you using? 9530?

No changes . 30 series is what I use , awesome reels . Supreme XT's are sweet to .

yeah i have a 9530, love the weight (or lack thereof). i also like the supreme xt's. but if i had to choose it would be the patriarch, hands down.

Just wish the Patriarch had the same drag as the Supreme .

I'd pop the extra for a Supreme XT. I have one in the 35 size on a 6' 8" M LTB and it's by far the nicest spinning combo I've ever used. It really balances the rod out well and is surprisingly light for a larger reel.