GLADES

Lox 11/13/11

I went out to Loxahatchee Sunday morning and launched at 7:30. The water was swimming pool clear in the flats and trails across from the ramps. The bite was good until the winds starting picking up around 9AM. I caught a 3# and a 5.5# within minutes of each other around 8AM. The last bass was 2# caught at 10AM. I lost another one early morning beside the boat when he got his bucket mouth out of the water and shook the hook. He looked to be in the 4-5# range. Not a lot of chances, but the ones I got were quality using EZ's. I packed up at 12:00 to watch the Fins on TV. I had a nice day on the water and probably burned less than 1 gallon of gas. Not to bad. Next time I will get there when it opens to get another hour of action. All of the trails are easily navigable because of the higher water.

I went out to Loxahatchee Sunday morning and launched at 7:30. The water was swimming pool clear in the flats and trails across from the ramps. The bite was good until the winds starting picking up around 9AM. I caught a 3# and a 5.5# within minutes of each other around 8AM. The last bass was 2# caught at 10AM. I lost another one early morning beside the boat when he got his bucket mouth out of the water and shook the hook. He looked to be in the 4-5# range. Not a lot of chances, but the ones I got were quality using EZ's. I packed up at 12:00 to watch the Fins on TV. I had a nice day on the water and probably burned less than 1 gallon of gas. Not to bad. Next time I will get there when it opens to get another hour of action. All of the trails are easily navigable because of the higher water.

What were you gettin them on, I was having a bit of luck on flukes and skinny dippers in the marsh areas of Holiday...

Glades, I hope you got out to the surf, the bluefish have been hot, I've never seen it better.

Glades, I hope you got out to the surf, the bluefish have been hot, I've never seen it better.

I took my wife and daughter out for walks on Pompano and Deerfield beach, that is as close as I have gotten to surf fishing. The surf has been great. I have been real busy too, but I was able to squeeze in a quick trip 4.5 hours at Lox. Hopefully I can get up to north WPB in the next few days.I got my surf rod and tackle together 2 weeks ago.

What were you gettin them on, I was having a bit of luck on flukes and skinny dippers in the marsh areas of Holiday...

I was using lane Toad gambler big ez's. I also threw trick worms early, horny toads Wat/Red and White later on. Once it got windy,I added weight to the EZ to make it cast better and run deeper.

I was using lane Toad gambler big ez's. I also threw trick worms early, horny toads Wat/Red and White later on. Once it got windy,I added weight to the EZ to make it cast better and run deeper.

thanks.......

Thanks for the report..I'll be out there tuesday or wednesday.

I am off all week if you want to meet up at Lox