Sign in to follow this  
KevO

Curado 200Dhsv Problem

I took this reel apart cause it needed a cleaning, I put it all back together and the drag clicker isn't working now. I'm sure I must have put something on backwards. Any suggestions?

Make sure your BNT3208 - Star Drag Click Plate is placed correctly in between the Star Drag and Handle. If it's making no clicking, but you put the reel back together correctly, just flip it around so it's facing the other way.

That was it, thanks. I knew it had to be something simple.

I'm having some difficulties getting the side plate off on my Curado E's. I've got the handle off and all the screws out, but it just doesn't want to pop off. Any suggestions? I'm afraid of trying to pry it off with the wrench, I dont want to scratch the finish.

The levelwind support rod screws into the crank side case from the palm side. You really should have a schematic before opening any reels. http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Low_Profile/09CU200E5_v1_m56577569830654404.pdf

I was looking at the schematic but couldnt figure what I was missing. The D was easy to take apart. I thought it would be the same.