Sign in to follow this  
northern basser

Early X-Mas Present

I broke down and got a NRX 893c. Put my Pat. xt w/ abec 7 OS's on it and............ the lakes are pretty much froze over around here. I might have to break down and go to the local river for a few casts though. I've used the reel plenty, but I've never had this high end of a rod. It will give me something to stare at all winter unless I take a vacation to a warmer climate.

100_2283.jpg

Winter lasts a long time when you have a beauty like that ready to go. I've got cabin fever bad already, I've resorted to smelling my soft plastics to get that fishing high! lol

Winter lasts a long time when you have a beauty like that ready to go. I've got cabin fever bad already, I've resorted to smelling my soft plastics to get that fishing high! lol

Crap, I don't stop. Isn't even bad yet

That combo looks sweet. I put a Curado on my 893 and absolutely love it. Bummer you cannot use it in your lakes for a while.

Nice looking combo and yeah its ashame you have to just stare at it for awhile. Water will be froze over in my neck of the woods soon as well so I know your pain.

Crap, I don't stop. Isn't even bad yet

I'm at school without a vehicle or a boat so I can only go out when others who do have cars want to go, which sadly isn't very often.

I see you put a Lews handle on the XT :huh: The XT also matches well with a Dobyns Champion rod :wink1:

I see you put a Lews handle on the XT :huh: The XT also matches well with a Dobyns Champion rod :wink1:

I was complaining about those thick knobs on the xt in a post and someone pm'ed me to see if I wanted to trade for the Lew's knobs. He knew they were a perfect fit cause he had already done it. Each knob has 2 bearings in it and they interchange perfectly.

Nice looking combo, too bad all your lakes are frozen over. That rod should definitely stretch winter out a little longer.lol