Red

2011, My Year In Review.

I kept track this year of every single bass I caught, regardless of size. I know my numbers don't compare to alot of y'all, but it was a great year for me. Here are the numbers.

Outings-112

Bass Total-405

Keepers(14"+)-133

Over 5lbs-6

My top three productive baits were a Bandit 200, Rage Craw, and a Jig. I learned alot this year and even got to catching some deeper fish towards the end of the year. I am looking forward to an even better 2012!! Here is a picture of my best one of the year.

Oct92.jpg

Very nice bass. Look out 2012.

Sounds like a great year Red - especially for a working man! :thumbup:

(Us retirees have a little advantage! :lol:)

I don't keep track of much ( actually nothing ) but I know my size and number production was not one of my better years.

Caught about 20 bass between 5-10#, I keep a 20" mark on my rod, majority of my fish are caught in the canal behind my house, it's only about 1/4 mile long.

Inshore was not reel good, biggest snook only 37", numbers were not up to par. About 15 memorable cuda and 40-50 tarpon. Biggest jack was maybe 20#.

Offshore I did pretty decent, had around 60 outings. 6-7 sails, lots of kingfish and bonita, cobia and amberjacks, just guessing but many fish 20-50#, one went about 200#(reef shark).

As Goose says, being retired does give one an advantage. I did some kind of fishing maybe 340 days.

WTG Red! You did Good and hope 2012 is even better...

www.ragetail.com