Sign in to follow this  
Basshunter531

First Bass Boat

I have finaly got to a place in life where I can purchase my first bass boat. I know that I want a 20 or 21 ft boat with a 225 or 250 on the back. I will be purchasing used looking between the years of 2007 to 2009. What brand of boat and motor do you guys use and what are some things you like about it and some things you do not like if any. Any thoughts will be great.

First of all, congratulations on your acheivement! It's a great feeling. :)

What's your budget? I think that would be the starting point. There's lots of boats for sale over at BBS, also with the state of the economy unfortunately there's probably lots of people looking to sell their boats so you could get a pretty good deal on a used boat.

Tritons are probably the most abundant and they are good boats. All you will have to do is learn how to drive one. With most of the boats like you mention, you will have to learn how to drive a chine walker.

Any of the name brand boats and motors, Triton, Ranger, Stratos, Champion etc.

I think it's going to be what you can get the best deal on with a motor that still has the most warrenty. With motors that size, a good warrenty is critical. Any brand motor can blow a powerhead or brake a LU and with these new generation motors, that's one hellava expensive repair if you have to pay out of your pocket.

Thanks guys for the response, Triton is one of my first thoughts. I have fished out of a couple as a co-angler, and have not met any owners that are dissatisfied. I have a good friend that is willing to teach me how to drive it once I buy the boat. I was also thinking Skeeter but I do not know anyone who has one. I will be looking at buying an extended warranty with the boat I still have to research that yet.