Sign in to follow this  
tkite16

Texas Lake For.spring Trip

We usually come down to lake fork in the spring . If they don't get some rain soon I dont wanna fish it and risk losing lower unit. Can anyone recommend another lake within hour or 2 of dallas that won't be so hazzardous as a backup.

I have been on Fork for many years and have been there most of the winter. I find it MUCH easier getting around now with the low water than at full pool. Now it is easy to see where the obstacles are. Yes there are some hazards near the boat lanes but most all are clearly marked. Tournaments can be frustrating with all the idling but for fun fishing it has not been a problem for me.

The big girls are moving up. We caught 2 overs on the creek channel next to the spawning flats. They seem to be working in the 8 to 12 foot range with the next 60 days being the best fishing of the year for the fat girls.

I just returned from fishing Toledo Bend. I love the lake, but it is just as dangerous or more so than Lake Fork, depending on where you fish. I think Fork is easier to navigate right now than TB. I would not hesitate to return to either lake, and at the moment am considering returning to Fork. Good Luck on your trip.