Sign in to follow this  
bassnleo

Bulk Beaver Style Baits

I'm searching for beaver style baits in bulk. A couple years ago I purchased a sizeable amount from a former board sponsor, I'm running low.......

I just looked at nearly every major manufacturers beaver style bait and most run $4 (or over) per bag. Just looking for a way to get the price down and get a decent bait.

I potentially can go through 20-50+ baits on good flippin days here, it's time to stock up again. My all time high was 70 baits in a day................

You really need to try some different hooks.

These are what I use: http://www.moanerhooks.com/

Owner's version is the TwistLock: http://www.ownerhook...s/basshooks.htm

Both brands offer both weighted and unweighted styles.

I had a day last spring where I fished a single 7" Rage Tail Thumper and caught 48 bass!

I attribute this all to the Moaner Hook.

Thanks RW, but I really like the set-up I'm using now. I'm mostly flipping these baits in cover and using heavy braid and a heavy wire flippin hook. That doesn't lend well for keeping a bait whole for more than 1 or 2 fish, but if I get bit I usually land the fish.

I just found some on Janns and Lureparts online, I can get 100 for about $30 or so, that's a price I can live with.

Since we no longer have a sponsor that does this I guess it is OK to post this. You might try Wermie Ernie's 570 698 8542 I could not find a web site for him. I bought some hand poured beaver style baits from him some years back and they were real nice.

Leo, what Kent said is good advice. I used to go through a lot of plastics, too, but switched to the Owner TwistLock flipping hook and my bait consumption has gone down by over half.

Academy has Big Bite Baits YoMammas in bulk for dirt cheap. They are sold in packs of 25 or 50, but I can't remember for certain.