Sign in to follow this  
outdoorsman110

Bass Pro Rods

I've only owned the Cranking Sticks, am I missing out?

For the price range I think they are awesome. The tourney special and the graphite series are a steal in my opinion. I have never had a problem with sensitivity or backbone.

Lots of the guys in my club, including AOY's, winners of TBF Divisionals, and guys that have participated in some very high levels of competitive bass fishing use the Tourney and Graphite rods and love them.

You won't find a better balanced rod under $200 than a micro carbonlite. Really, really nice. Not a fan of the hook hanger, but all in all its a steal especially when on sale.

I've sold off all of my more expensive rods and replaced them with Carbonlites and a Browning HiPower. I also keep a 2-piece BPS Extreme in the car/truck for those spur of the moment fishing excursions.

So far I've owned:

2 MicroLite Glass (5' UL spinning)

2 MicroLite Graphite (7' ML & 8'6" ML Float 'N Fly spinning)

4 Extremes (6'6" & 7' MH casting, 6'8" ML & 7' M spinning)

5 Carbonlites (6'6" MH, 6'8" MXF, 6'9" MLXF spinning, 7' M & 7' MH (micro) casting)

1 Browning Hipower (7' M spinning)

2 Johnny Morris Signature Series (6'6" MH spinning and 6'10" MH casting)

They may not be the best choice for everyone, but I find the cost/performance to be just about perfect for me and the way I fish.

I loved my jm Sig series 2 before I sold it. I had the 6'10" MH XF casting rod and it was the perfect multipurpose rod. I only sold it because I had to pay for lacrosse. I would buy another if I could.

Got a Bionic Blade that I use for Spinner Baits. I like it a lot.

For the price I think they are a good rods. I have 3 Carbonlites and LOVE them. Light, balanced well, and sensitive.

I have a couple of their rods. JM Sig 2, Carbonlite, Extreme, and 2 Bionic Blades. My buddy worked there and let me use his 40% discount!

BPS rods are great, some of the very best for the price. I own six of them.

I shop there due to ease of exchange and return if probs arise. The carbonlites and cranking stick rods are great.

Before I "upgraded" to Fenwicks, then St Croix's. I used alot of BPS rods. Cranking Sticks, Bionic Blades, and Extreme's were very good rods, that if you bought on sale were high on the bang for the buck meter.