Sign in to follow this  
BassinMD

Swim Jigs

strike king/kvd swim jig with a rage tail chunk

strike king/kvd swim jig with a rage tail chunk

X10 !!!

• Like 1

All-Terrain jigs with a Yamamoto single tail grub.

Double tail grub on a all terrain tackle jig

Haha just started using em a few days ago and I've had fair success so far got 4 of the kvd swim jigs but just using Berkley 3 inch grubs from years ago lol, gonna have to get some rage tails I sounds like you guys all seem to love them. And where can I get all terrain ? Tackle warehouse ?

I make my own swim jig and I like the rage craw as a trailer or a Lunker City swim fish.

It's always, ALWAYS, a Rage Tail Baby Craw or Rage Tail 4" Grub on my swim jigs (and I catch an insane amount of fish on 'em!).

3" hand poured swim bait (paddle tail) on a custom 5/16 oz. grass jig.

2hyayds.jpg

x41zdw.jpg

Jig is the actual color, swimbait trailer is not. I match this jig with a pearl black flake trailer.

• Like 1

Since it was brought up, Seeing the swimming action of the Smokin' Rooster why does it not seem to be a good trailer for a swim jig? I mean, the swim jig is basically the same as a spinnerbait without the spinner arm and blades. In other words, you are swimming it like a fish (for the most part). It would seem to me that the swimming arms and tail of the Smokin' Rooster would make it a great trailer.

Just curious. I got p/o at the june bug Rooster and stuck one on everything I could find: chatterbait, swim jig, pitching/flipping jig, skirtless football jig (I thought it was a shaky head jig). Haven't tried them out yet. Except the chatterbait and man does it look good in the water. No hits though.

All-Terrain Tackle. PObox 93 Savage Mn. 55378 Allterraintackle.com

Big Hammer paddletails get my vote, 4" preferably. The line of swimjigs that Pepper Jigs have are what I use.

Thanks to everyone for the replys!!! I got a mess o swim jogs otw from all terrain and went and got a few more of the kvd models and rage tail grubs to match them all I will keep you guys posted on what I'm having luck with. Thanks again everyone!

Dont forget the buckeye flat top! It's not just a finesse jig, it's caught me some huge fish while swimming it with a summer craw baby rage tail on the back.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what swim jig has a good heavy hook? I have tried a few and the hook bends too easy. I use braid because I am fishing a lot grass.

The strike king hack attack jig has a very stout hook, as well as the dirty jigs California swim jig

Big Hammer paddletails get my vote, 4" preferably. The line of swimjigs that Pepper Jigs have are what I use.

x2 On the big hammers thats my #1. I also like ripple shads with the head cut off and those I don't have to order. I also don't like any of the flat swim jigs I have tried personally. I perfer regular jigs and really like grass masters or the hack attack (I think) and ill throw any where from 1/4-1/2oz depending on depth and speed.

Its not a swim jig per se, but I find myself swimming 3/16 booyah boo jig with a fat albert grub a lot