Sign in to follow this  
hookedahawg

Ever Had This Happen When Froggin?

Ever been froggin and have a bass BARELY hit it at all almost like they are floating on top with the frog in its mouth? but never enough to actually set the hook? happend to me twice today.

Yup unfortunately it's usually the big ones that have the light don't notice em strikes iv found. Don't get me wrong the big girls will blow up on a frog but most the time when them light little strikes happen it's always seems to be big ones.

Very strane, you expect a big blow up. but its like they surace just to "sniff" it or somthing.

Some of the biggest fish I've caught on frogs look like they pull it under almost like a bobber.

I have watched how bass slowly approach the frog from the bottom, come up and slurp it like a fine oyster. No wake, blow up, or commotion. Frog is there one second and the next slurp. Then, boom!! hookset.

As mentioned those are generally big fish. They just slurp em down. This is why I have posted before that I set the hook as soon as I can't see the frog!!! I don't count to three or wait until I feel em. If you wait those fish will never end up in your net. Bigger fish will spit that frog out almost as fast as they took it.

Thats just it though, they never really eat it. its almost like a bobber. ive just never had it happen till recently.

Not a frog, but this weekend I watched a fish roll up on my pop'r and whack it with his tail.

Had a fish just last weekend that blew up on a frog, only to discover he ripped the legs off - totally missing the hook! Argh!

Had a fish just last weekend that blew up on a frog, only to discover he ripped the legs off - totally missing the hook! Argh!

Northerns do this to me ALL the time they claimed a whole pack of rage toads last spring in a 10minute span.