Sign in to follow this  
GoneFishi'n

Yozuri 15Pound To Much?

Hi I was wondering if 15 pound YoZuri Flourocarbon is to much for weightless worms such as flukes? I mean I don't mind using a weight but it just seems natural to me to use a weightless fluke because I have fished them weightless since I was 10. And also is it fine for frogs such as a 5/8 Live target frog in the pads? Thank you!

To me, 15lb test will work with both, but isnt ideal for either. For a fluke I like 10-12lb floro. The floro sinks, with helps the fluke get down quicker and the small diameter line allows the fluke a more natural action.

For frogs I prefer 65lb braid. With braid you get an instant hookset and no stretch therefore a much better hook up ratio

I use that stuff (15 lb Yo Zuri, which is actually 20 lb test) for upto 3 oz swimbaits. No idea about how it'd perform for frogs or flukes; but that line is legit. Sort of stretchy, but has good abrasion resistance, and lasts for a while.

Depending on how thick of cover it is will depend on how well its going to work. That line is tough, but too many pads will hinder that. Save the line for a rig that you will use in more open water, and get yourself some 40# braid at least. I use 65#, but I fish some heavy cover with it down here.

#6 Hybrid on spinning tackle, especially weightless soft plastics (11.9 lb breaking strength).

#12 Hybrid on baitcasting gear in general.

For grass, lilly pags, jigs and weighted soft plastics I'm fishing Sufix 832 braid, 50 lb test.