Sign in to follow this  
iabass8

Vintage Soft Plastics?

My fiance's father was going through an old room of his and came across a few old, dirty plano tackle boxes. He let me have them and they were filled with some unique plastics that look great in colors that I always use. I THINK these are Mann's old old plastics but i'm not sure. These lures have definitely been sitting in a room for over 10-15 maybe 20 years. All of them have the unique "out of the bag plastic texture" . The craw in the middle is what caught my attention the most. Seems to have great action and adds some nice bulk to jig. The twister tail on the left has it's tail attached to the body by a small strip. that can be tore and cut. Actually, all of the plastics that are twisters come like that. If any of you know what brand of bait's these are I'm really curious to find out how old they are and where they came from. It doesn't look like any of the plastics have hardly been used. Most have 10 or more of each.

1018122018.jpg

Sorry I cant help with info about those, but it reminds me of earlier this summer I found an old box of lures I used to use hidden in my basement. They had been there for at least 10 years. Among the lures I found an old beaten up bag of Storm 3" crawdads(blk/blue). The next day I went fishing and thought what the hell, rigged one up and on my first cast caught a 3lb 10oz largemouth in a small pond. I thought it was pretty funny.

I think the craw is a Riverside Big Claw. The worm is a Mann's Jelly Worm, based on the tail shape. Don't know about the grub, but the textured tail should really help in figuring it out.

The draw may be an original Guido bug, the worm could be a Mann's Jelly worm, "Mann's" if is molded into to egg sac. The grub looks familiar with the bumpy tail? They all could be knock off home made with commercial molds.

Tom