DINK WHISPERER

Darkening Bass Boat Windshields

Hey all, i have been researching this and haven't really found much. I am wanting to make the console windshields on my Nitro darker(blacked out). They are very lightly smoked right now. I have seen many boats with completely black windshield and i love the look. I called a couple tint shops and they said the curves and contour of them make it hard to tint with film. I was thinking maybe some of that VHT nightshades they use to tint tail lights on vehicles. I am open to any and all suggestions so help me out.

Google it up, there's a ton of custom windshield places out there. Here's one I found that looks solid: http://getaboatwindshield.com/need_to_replace_a_windshield

Thanks man! I did google and didn't find much. I wanted something local or DIY to avoid waiting but i will look into them.

I've seensome stuff you add to car windshields. I think it was at Wal-Mart.

Thanks man! I did google and didn't find much. I wanted something local or DIY to avoid waiting but i will look into them.

Ask a trusted marina or boat yard. They should have a line on someone local.

Any auto body shop that knows what they are doing should be able to paint plexiglass to the tint you want.

That's what im thinkin paint instead a film. Probably last longer......i hope.

Go to a sign shop and have them wrap it in black vinyl....or have them do something badass like carbon fiber. My buddy just did these for another friend.

windshields.jpg

That is sweet!

Those are very cool. It's not cheap, I'll guarantee that. I work in that field and its about $17-$20 a yard for the carbon fiber vinyls.

Holy smokes man that is HOTT!! Well worth the $ imo. I have got to find me a shop in my area that does this! Dont know of any.....

Thats the site i had been looking for! I used him to make some custom Astro decals on my last boat. Thanks^^

That carbon fiber vinyl looks great out the gate however you better clear it or its not going to last long... The finished used to get the shimmer "real carbon" look scratches very easy... And when it gets warm from the sun it is even more susceptible to damage.

Ask me how I know.. I wrapped an entire boat in it.

Great point Hydrilla. Laminating your vinyls is a must on the boat. Between water and sun, it will take its toll. Depending on vinyl quality it will last a season to maybe 5 or 6.