Sign in to follow this  
xxjace

Have A Question About A Local Watershed I've Been Fishing

So I started fishing this big watershed lately and I've had no luck..the water is a murky brown color and its very deep in parts..I've fished it on foot and in a small Jon boat..I've given the fish all my go to baits and then some and no fish..not even a nibble and I've been all over it..I've use spinners ,flukes ,squarebill crankbaits ,Texas rigging free floating, everything from rage tail craws from worms of diff colors and lizards..plus I've wacky rigged senkos.I've even flipped creature baits into brush and trees..I've given them every opportunity to get it but nothing after 3 trips..I'm not sure what else to do..now the water is a totally diff color than what I normally fish and the temps been down around 50 in The mornings when I've been fishing lately..I've been 3 times and I always stay for around 3 hours or so each trip and still nothing..I met a guy out there the other day and he told me he always done well out there but he uses live bait no luck on lures..I've been told by many diff people that there have been monster bass, catfish and crappie pulled out of it..so I'm trying to decide what else to do at this point? I re rigged all of my gear tonight for my trip back this weekend..any suggestions would be great..I usually do well fishing everywhere else but I'm stumped with this one..looking for suggestions..thanks in advance and I don't use live bait or night crawlers..should I?

I posted above about rigging for the next trip..well I rigged up a Carolina creature bait rig and 4 other poles with crankbaits of diff colors but not that confident in them since I've had no luck..everything I use and do well with hasn't been working..I did rig up a crappie pole too because I haven't tried to crappie fish it since I'm pretty much just a bass fisherman..

I fish some Mississippi backwater that has bass in it. A levee keeps the area like a lake with no current. Its largely silted in and incredibly tough too fish. A person can fish for hours and not get a strike because the bass are not there. I finally found one area, an irrigation ditch that has a good population of fish.These fish are big and easy to catch.