Got a good idea/innovation for the fishing reel world? It could be a braking system, reel shape, material or anything. Feel free to share it. Lets see what kind of cool ideas we can put together.

Got a good idea/innovation for the fishing reel world? It could be a braking system, reel shape, material or anything. Feel free to share it. Lets see what kind of cool ideas we can put together.

You'll probably get a lot of ideas from guys who have a set of features they wish would be put on existing reels or a combination of several features from different reels, but I don't think you'll get many truly innovative ideas posted here for the simple reason that those who have them want to pursue them "in the dark" until they're ready to go.  Otherwise they can be ripped off and the inventor is stuck unless he has money to burn in court and lawyer fees.

Personally, I'd like to see some more affordable 50-size reels out there from all companies.  A 50-size Shimano Citica would be a truly affordable light-lure baitcaster.  Or just shallow-spool versions of the current 200-size reels.  Couldn't be that expensive to do.  Right now you have to order from Japan if you want anything like that.

You'll probably get a lot of ideas from guys who have a set of features they wish would be put on existing reels or a combination of several features from different reels, but I don't think you'll get many truly innovative ideas posted here for the simple reason that those who have them want to pursue them "in the dark" until they're ready to go.  Otherwise they can be ripped off and the inventor is stuck unless he has money to burn in court and lawyer fees.

Personally, I'd like to see some more affordable 50-size reels out there from all companies.  A 50-size Shimano Citica would be a truly affordable light-lure baitcaster.  Or just shallow-spool versions of the current 200-size reels.  Couldn't be that expensive to do.  Right now you have to order from Japan if you want anything like that.

Amen to that. 

There was a thread on here a few months ago that went on for pages with innovative ideas.

10.1:1 gears.... a totally tuneable from the outside brake system...