basslover12345

Missing Part Of The Skirt Tool- What To Do?

I've lost the little metal hooked dowel that comes with the tool- will anything else work? Need it ASAP

post-30315-0-78294100-1367498315_thumb.j

You can easily make one out of a wire coat hanger or a metal piece of steel rod. Cut rod 6-8" long, bend hook for skirt end with long nose pliers. Then put a 90 degree bend other end so you can use it as a pull handle. That's it.

You can easily make one out of a wire coat hanger or a metal piece of steel rod. Cut rod 6-8" long, bend hook for skirt end with long nose pliers. Then put a 90 degree bend other end so you can use it as a pull handle. That's it.

Thanks, I had tried a paper clip and it was too flimsy

I have a naked bait skirt tool I'll sell you. It's a pretty awesome little deal if you use rubber skirt bands.

I have a naked bait skirt tool I'll sell you. It's a pretty awesome little deal if you use rubber skirt bands.

Will that work for rattle bands? What do you want for it?

Will that work for rattle bands? What do you want for it?

How about $20 PayPal gift, I'll cover shipping. I'll also toss in a bunch of rattle bands I have no use for. Deal?

Will it stretch the rattle bands without breaking them? Sometimes my skirt tool (like the one in the photo above) breaks them.

If it will work with the rattle bands ill take it as long as the OP doesn't want it...

Will it stretch the rattle bands without breaking them? Sometimes my skirt tool (like the one in the photo above) breaks them.

If it will work with the rattle bands ill take it as long as the OP doesn't want it...

I have one and it will bust the rattle bands as other tools do. I use the cheap skirt pliers I got back in 2003 for rattle bands, I don't lock them because if you open them too far the band will break but if you hold them open with the pliers you can get them open enough to put the material in and pull through. The naked bait skirt expander is a great tool but not wht you want it for.