Sign in to follow this  
Mccallister25

Jig Excitement!!

Just last night I posted in a thread talking about how Iv taken up jigging the past few days, and how I wanted to get better at it. Today I took to the water real early. The weather in NC has been horrible the past two weeks, with almost constant rain. I took three rigs out with me, but ended up throwing my jig just about the whole time. I caught 3 fish this morning, but nothing to really brag about.. As I was casting my jig in a little point I was fishing, I was jigging the bottom with no hits. I kept at it, until the bait was about 6 feet from where I was standing, when I started swimming it to me to cast again. When the jig got to about the 3 foot mark, out of nowhere I see a bass run up and SLAM!!

Ended up getting him right at the bank. That def. boosted my interest in jigs. He slammed the thing harder than Iv ever had a bass take a bait before. Hes not the biggest guy Iv caught, but a nice one none the less. Lets just say, Ill be fishing a jig more often!!

post-43688-0-72703200-1373040893_thumb.j

Good deal!  

Sounds like a great time.

Nice fish! Sounds like you should have tried swimming the jig a little more!

Nice fish! Another example of how versitile the jig is!! Sounds like your hooked!

Thanks for all the responses guys!! It was a rush, for sure. I also like the fact that on 2 of the 3, i barely felt anything but a little pressure and watching for line movement. It makes for a lotta fun.

Nice fish I love catchin em on jigs. I use a swim jig with a KVD rodent. Did you use a trailer?

As the saying goes,"let the bass tell you how they like it".

Sometimes a steady medium retrieve will get lots of bites, but I like to vary the retrieve to mimic the way bream swim. Our waters are usually void of shad and have lots of sunfish and perch for the bass to eat.

If you watch how sunnies or bluegill swim, it's a short darting action, with very little straight ahead swimming over a long distance.

Nice one!