dave

Amazon

I have become a user.  I ordered (among other things) two Okuma Rods.  One showed up FEDEX in a beaten up box.  No damage to rod.

The second showed up IN A PLASTIC SLEEVE!  The FEDEX driver couldn't believe it.  She had taped it to the other box to "try to protect it"

Long story short,  a bunch of guides were bent a little and the tip was gone.  Replacement would take approximately four weeks.  

I called.

They refunded my money AND told me to keep the rod for my trouble.

Two inches broken off a seven foot rod.  $2 tip replacement and she'll work just fine and only cost me $2 for the rod.

Wow.  I pay for the PRIME membership and only order from sellers with PRIME. I love it because it only takes 2 days to get your item and I think you are dealing with the larger companies that know what they are doing.  Cant believe they shipped your rod in a plastic sleeve!

I do prime too.  Can't beat it.  I bought a Minn Kota Power V2 and paid NO shipping.

Make sure you look at WHO is selling the rod. Amazon does not ship everything, there are a lot of different people who sell on amazon (like ebay). Most people do not realize this. 

I ONLY buy an item when it is being shipped and sold by AMAZON. Item arrives fast and they will always quickly help if there is a problem. Plus even without a prime membership it is free shipping over $25. 

Ordered rods from them twice, both times Amazon itself and not a vendor.  Both rods arrived in cardboard boxes that weren't the sturdiest packing cases, though neither rod had any damage to the blank.  Okay, but I'd sure feel better if they'd use heavy-duty shipping tubes like Tackle Warehouse.

I had almost the exact experience with Amazon.  Normally I will not buy a rod on line, but I wanted this particular 8' Okuma.  The rod came USPS and with out opening the flimsy box I knew the rod was broken, and it was.  I called Amazon (India), they over nighted with FED EX the same rod from a different vendor, it arrived perfect the next day, maybe 2 I don't quite remember.