Sign in to follow this  
catchnm

Think I'll Get A 13 Fishing Ob Rod - Recomendations?

Been checking out all the posts and reviews. Gonna give 'em a try. Practically all the bass fishing I do anymore is with soft plastics, weightless to 1/4 oz. weighted. So I'm thinking a medium action might be best for me at this point. I have several 7' MH rods. Don't fish from a big boat so 7'1" or 7'3" is about as long as I wanna go. So.....what do you guys think? OBC71M, OBC71MH, OBC73M, OBC73MH? I'm not ruling out the MH rod but I think I'd like a medium action at this point.

Even is you aren't going really heavy in the weight department I still recommend a MH rod with a fast action for fishing plastics. The reason is you will throw it around cover and the MH will allow you more line choices as well as lure weights, if you go with the medium you will be limited but it does give you better ability to use a wider variety of reaction type baits, good luck.

I use the 7' 3" M/F for fishing 5/16oz swim jigs in grass, lily pads, around timber etc.... using 10lbs fluorocarbon and have not had any issues getting 3lbs plus fish out of the nasty stuff.

I thought the medium would be to soft but it has been great.

As for length that is your call. I didn't think I would like the 7' 3" at first but I am glad I went with it.

I'd opt for a M myself. Its going to be personal prefernce on length. I also don't know how the Omens cast so thats hard for me to say for sure.