aquaholic

Shark Week

Anyone watching shark week? Im not a hardcore fan like many but i watch it if nothing else is on.  All it really makes me want to do is go shark fishing. I bet that is a rush.

Watching Discovery rite now.  I am not a huge fan either.  My son is a big fan and I have him tonight.  

The commercial where they are releasing the seal where the great white jumps up and nabs it is awesome!

• Like 1

Sharks are fascinating and they make great TV entertainment, for the most part the focus is on Great Whites, Tigers, Bulls, and Hammerheads.  As far as fishing for them with the exception of a few species I'm not too interested anymore, having caught many.  Many sharks are caught by accident while fishing for other species, common catches in my part of Florida are sand, lemon, reef, black tip reef, nurse and a bonnetheads.  These sharks can go anywhere from a few pounds to maybe 200# or so, it's long slow pull with the fish staying near the bottom, these hour long battles are backbreaking but not all that thrilling. Spinner sharks are like catching a sailfish, jumping all over the place and can be caught using artificial and they are in the 100# range, a ton of fun.  I've yet to catch a Mako but I understand it's some pretty awesome stuff, many people are going after them on fly rod these days.

Luckily, my wife had a hystorectomy, so I don't have to worry about Shark Week. ;)

I haven't had a chance to watch any of it yet. 

i like it but i dont like when they make sharks out to be man eaters and such