NEjitterbugger

Sailfish In Cape Cod Canal!!!

Wow!  That is incredible.  Just wow......

Jeff

• Like 1

That is Wild !

This is definitely one of those fishing stories that NO ONE who ever believe if they hadn't seen it.

A-Jay

• Like 1

That is Wild !

This is definitely one of those fishing stories that NO ONE who ever believe if they hadn't seen it.

A-Jay

I wouldn't have believed it either, never thought sailfish were that far north.  The article does say they questioned whether it was marlin or sail, that dorsal fin looks to be a sailfish.  At least on the video that sail didn't jump, they normally do.  I've never caught a sail in less than 80' in open water, but life is full of exceptions.  That catch is one of my dreams, a sail off the beach, not likely but if they are chasing bait in, ya just never know and this proves it.

I wouldn't have believed it either, never thought sailfish were that far north.  The article does say they questioned whether it was marlin or sail, that dorsal fin looks to be a sailfish.  At least on the video that sail didn't jump, they normally do.  I've never caught a sail in less than 80' in open water, but life is full of exceptions.  That catch is one of my dreams, a sail off the beach, not likely but if they are chasing bait in, ya just never know and this proves it.

I never would have believed it either...also on my bucket list.