Sign in to follow this  
Kevinator1

Weird Looking Bass

Hey guys,

Caught my biggest bass of the year yesterday / 19.5 inches almost 7 lbs. (Really fat) :respect-059:  Once I grabbed her and pulled her in the boat, I noticed its nose was really short while its lower lip was normal. The rest of the fish was absolutely perfect. Have you guys seen this before? I did catch a smaller bass about 4 years ago that kind of looked like this but since the fish I caught yesterday was so big, it really made it look funny. Apparently it didn't affect it from eating! :Idontknow:

Any pictures to show what you are talking about?

Jeff

Any pictures to show what you are talking about?

Jeff

No, I should have but wanted to get her back in the water.

Can't help you without a pic. However, at 19.5 inches and 7lbs, she was a pretty football. Nice catch.

That is a shame. A 7lber that short not in the spawn is just a monster of a fish. The kind I like to look at!!!!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

I actually saw this on a fishing show once..its happens to a small percentage of bass, and they are referred to as snub nosed bass. I dont know what causes it though, I guess its just a deformity. 

I actually saw this on a fishing show once..its happens to a small percentage of bass, and they are referred to as snub nosed bass. I dont know what causes it though, I guess its just a deformity. 

That's exactly what it was like. Looked like a snub nose. She still was a beauty and I believe she was so big in the stomach because the little cove she was in was absolutely loaded with bait fish. Guess I pitched my bait right in front of her snubbed nose.

I think I saw something about that on Scott Martin Challenge one day.