Well I was on Tackle Warehouse and I was looking at the Pflueger President and they come in four sizes, telling me the line sizes with them. The largest reel says its 10lb test, could I run smaller or larger line with that one, or is 10lb line the maximum? 

The line capacity decals on the spools usually list pound test lines that are typically used on that size of reel; you are not limited to those lines.  Line management issues are usually the limiting factor in how heavy of line (mono or flouro) you can use on a particular spinning reel. You can go as light as you want but will have excess capacity if you put light line on a larger reel.  With braid, you can really run just about any pound test you want, depending on what rod you're using and the presentation/baits being used.

If you are looking at Pflueger reels, many people would select the 30-size as the best solution for bass fishing. Not too big, not too small, plenty of line capacity for mono or flouro, enough drag.

So the 3rd largest reel out of the 4 is the reel you would recommend for the perfect size?

So the 3rd largest reel out of the 4 is the reel you would recommend for the perfect size?

Yes this 1236654. 

Yes this 1236654. 

Why are the model numbers on tackle warehouse about the sizes so weird?

IMO for a bass set up the rod and reel should match up for the sake of comfort and balance.  Presidents I believe run a bit heavier than the supremes I use.  My 3 combos match up really nice for me, 25 on 6'6 Light redbone, 30 on a 6'6 ml clarus and a 35 on a 7' med 8/17 calico jack, 10# braid and 15# on the size 35.

When you have so many products it helps to have your own order number. 

Yes this 1236654.

Thats the 6935 model, personaly I prefer the 6930....or in TW lingo the 1236652. That reel is 8.3 oz's, and holds 145 yds of 6lb line, and 130 of 8lb..............perfect bass size. I have owned the next size bigger in the last generation of Presidents, and IMHO it was too big.

• Like 1

Sorry, no.  When I mentioned the "30-size", I was referring to the basic size designations used by Pflueger across all their spinning reel models (sizes 20, 25, 30, 35, 40).  On the Tackle Warehouse web page, I was referring to the 1236652 as also recommended by ww2farmer.  I own Pflueger spinning reels in sizes 20, 25, 30, and 35 - of those, the 30 (TW 1236652) is the most versatile for bass fishing.  Coincidently, I fished both 30 and 35 size reels this morning and just like ww2farmer mentioned, when using the 35 size (TW 1236654) you immediately notice how "big" it feels - more reel than you need for bass IMO.

It IS weird. It's fine for sellers to create their own stock numbers, but they should also list the manufacturer's model numbers (like 6930) as those mfr. numbers (or the sizes - like "30") are how the reels are referred to by the user community.

Okay, thanks for all the help everyone. It cleared up all the confusion.

I, too, prefer the 30 size.  35 is too heavy.