Sign in to follow this  
J.Bass

Tackle Box For Weights/split Rings/treble Hooks

Hello All,

Currently I own the Plano http://planomolding.com/product.php?PID=731 --> 3570-00 3500 Size CDS StowAway tray.

I was using it for weights (example tungsten), split rings, and treble hooks. The Size of this tray/box is about half the size of a 3707 size trays. It's size is great! but... whenever it gets bounced around from bag to me opening. I always end up with a mess! From split rings in other slots to weights in other slots is annoying fixing each time. The split rings go under the dividers because the dividers don't sit perfectly to the bottom of the tray. Also the top clearance of the dividers has a gap so whenever the tray is bumped around the split rings end up all over as well as the weights.

My question is... Is there any box around 3570 that's better for handling weights, split rings, and treble hooks?

I'd even consider going to a 3700 size if needed. The box doesn't have to be plano. I'm just using Plano as example because of me owning it and currently using it. I want a better utility system that's more organizable. I own quite a bit of the 3700 boxes as in spinnerbait to crankbait. I love them. Picture's and posting is appreciated!

Thanks for your help.

I like to wash out old medicine pill bottles and keep my small tackle in them. Then I just keep the pill bottles in the tackle box. If the bottle is dark then I mark on it with a sharpie.

Glenn May has a video on BR showing a solution to this. It was a big issue with me too. So, run to a target and buy some of that non slip material people layer their kitchen drawers with and cut it to size to fit the top inside portion of the Plano box. Then get some spray adhesive and glue the pad inside. When closed, the pad forms to the tops of the dividers and doesn't allow anything to fall over In to other compartments making a mess and puts enough pressure on them so nothing slides under the dividers. Make sure you take your tackle out first before you spray the adhesive. If you don't and some and you happen to get some overspray where the dividers and tackle are it'll form a white type of powdery substance that gets all over everything and is a pain in the bass to get it all off.

Yup shelf liner from Walmart or the dollar store. I have it in the top of both of my terminal tackle 3700 trays. It works very well. I doubled mine up but that's your choice.