Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Vintage Lures

Anyone know anything about these lures? Are they worth anything? I believe some of the, are old heddons and a jitterbug, but the other ones I'm not sure about

Thanks,

VC

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Lazy Ikes or Flatfish. Some look like a Creek Chub but  wouldn't bet on it.  Not sure on the others but I have all those lures from my grandfathers tacklebox. Those are all old pike lures. As far as value, not sure.

Lazy Ikes or Flatfish. Some look like a Creek Chub but wouldn't bet on it. Not sure on the others but I have all those lures from my grandfathers tacklebox. Those are all old pike lures. As far as value, not sure.

That's exactly where I got them from! Forgot to mention the lazy ikes, but I'm just trying to figure out if any of the other ones are rare enough to try and get some extra cash

1st lure 2nd row from the left to the right ---> Arbogast Jitterbug ( could be wood )

3 rd lure 2nd row from the right to the left ---> Whopper Stopper Hellbender

The others ---> got me, I 'm an old fart but I ain 't THAT old to remember them.  :)

Looks like some old wood Bass Orenos, jitterbug, flatfish, and a hellbender.  The hellbender is worth something.  Many up here still use them.

Two of those might be Benos, as well.  the Perch pattern 2nd from the right, and the red/white 2nd from the left.

The problem with those lures ( jitterbug & Hellbender ) is that they were manufactured by the thousands so they don 't cost much, Jitterbugs are still being made and cost a few bucks, there are a few color patterns in the Bug desirable enough to bring you some cash, glo coachdog ( specially white ) and the black sparrow are desirable ones, the rest aren 't. As for the Hellbenders, it 's pretty much the same, they are worth very little, perhaps the most you can get out of one is what it used to cost new ( 4-5 dollars ), if it 's used or out of the package it 's worth even less, I have 8 or 10 of that type ( Hellbender and Bomber Water Dog ) that I still fish with plus maybe 8-10 more of each in reserve ( and don 't plan to sell them in the future ).

So, my advice, get a pretty lure case to show them, some can be restored others can be cleaned and buffed up to make them look like new.

Hellbenders like the one shown above sell locally for $15-25.  As long as they're fishable.

Sorry, I'm thinking of Mudbugs......Mondays  :)

Sorry, I'm thinking of Mudbugs......Mondays :)

Ruff weekend ?  ;D

Oh yeah, Mudbugs and those original Bombers have become popular lately, incredible how much they can cost now when back in their days they were just ordinary lures. One of my favorite lures is the Shallow Fat Rap, man they cost 15+ in pretty lousy condition @ e-bay. I 've got 4 SFR & 2 SFR7 in use plus equal as many in storage ( just in case ).

Not worth enough to sell yet. Keep them until you become a grandpa then give them to your grandson.