Sign in to follow this  
SeanW

What is your favorite flipping or punching bait?

I know this is likely to be based on what part of the country you are in. So lets have it.

Since Im usually doing this on the California Delta I have 2. For flipping the tules and wood my favorite is a green pumpkin brush hog.

For punching I use a RI Double Wide Beaver in either California 420 or Sprayed Grass. I almost always use a Punch Skirt with the rig, the winter time is the exception.

probably for flippin would be a paca craw, although i'm starting to flip rage craws more . Really don't get to do much punching on my bodies of water but when i did get a chance to i used a 10" worm with a 1 oz pegged weight. Although i am  VERY inexperienced at both i probably have alot to learn ;D

I tend to flip & pitch with a jig more than anything now days. The size & style of jig I use vary on the location & conditions but I would say my favorite is a 3/4 oz Dirty Jig with a beaver or fighting frog. When I can get away with it I like a bait with a big profile.

Punching I use the Bub Tosh set up. Usually a beaver or a fighting frog. I use a jig on the outer deep edges if you consider that punching also.

Pitching:

Baby Brush Hog

NetBait Mad paca

Punching:

Zoom Ultravibe Speed Craw

Pegged 3/4 - 1 1/4 oz Tungsten weight

Ive been playing with a Paca Craw with a glass rattle in the body. I think this will be my new punching rig.

I tend to flip & pitch with a jig more than anything now days. The size & style of jig I use vary on the location & conditions but I would say my favorite is a 3/4 oz Dirty Jig with a beaver or fighting frog. When I can get away with it I like a bait with a big profile.

Punching I use the Bub Tosh set up. Usually a beaver or a fighting frog. I use a jig on the outer deep edges if you consider that punching also.

I just picked up a bunch of Dirty Jigs, very nice jig.  Cant wait to head back up to Berryessa and give em a go.

Beaver

Brush Hog

Rage Craw

Jig

sweet beaver, ugly otter, space monkey

Yum Wooley Bug for the limited punching I get to do around here

Zoom baby brush hog, Eakins Flip N jig, Yum craw papi, Strike King flip N tube for pitching and flipping.

I usually flip/pitch with a 3/8oz Strike King Football jig with a Rage Craw trailer.

Never tried punching. Don't understand it all that well. :)

My favorite flipping bait is a Rage Tail Craw in watermellon candy. Honorable mention goes to the Yum forked tail dinger. I don't do much punching when I'm fishing.

sweet beaver, ugly otter, space monkey

Pretty much the same as me, But I use Dirty Jigs and a Rage tail trailer a lot to. and some times a big flipping tube with screw in tungsten weights.