Sign in to follow this  
Joe Schmuckatelli

Help Id Plastic Worm

I got a bag full of soft plastics 2 years ago from a buddy and have not been able to find this specific worm anywhere 

2mnk8ys.jpg

I just searched it I'm not seeing that specific color and the body of the worm looks different, maybe its an older style.

Looks a lot like the Cabela's fire tail but I've only seen that in a grub not a worm, makes me wonder if they made it in a worm at one time.  I know they still sell it in the grub but not the worm.

Man i tear them up with this guy my supply is getting low I've been to BPS, dicks, academy, walmart, K mart nothing. Maybe one will show up in one of those mystery tackles boxes lol

BPS has been selling them a loooooong time. Could be old and discontinued.

Maybe you can get with a different color tail and dip in JJ's or Spikeit

I just searched it I'm not seeing that specific color and the body of the worm looks different, maybe its an older style.

It is an older stock BPS Triple Ripple, they keep a few standard colors but if you look, every 2 years or so they will replace certain colors with new ones and the ones that sell are the ones they keep. If you know anyone that does custom soft plastic baits just ask them about the old colors that didn't sell, I bet everyone that pours plastic has been asked to reproduce a color that a Cabelas, BPS, or Gander Mtn. worm had back in the day because they all switch colors, it is why when you find one that really works in your waters you go and buy 50 bags when they are on sale because you know there will come a time when it gets discontinued and they will be no more as in the case for that worm.

If you get rid of the two little ripple tails you have a Culprit Worm.