mram10us

Bass Fishing Around Reno??

Hope this is the right section.

I live in Idaho and work with the military in Reno and have some off time while I am there, but haven't found a good place to fish near Reno.  If anyone has some advice or wants a fishing partner, please let me know.  I will travel a coujple hours for some good fishin.  Bass is my passion, but honestly, I just love fishin.  I will pitch in on gas, food, etc.  Thanks for your time guys and Happy fishin.

Hello and Welcome to BR ~

Try reposting this in the Fishing Locations Forum, specifically Western Bass Fishing.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/forum/17-western-bass-fishing/

Good Luck

A-Jay

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

Hope this is the right section.

I live in Idaho and work with the military in Reno and have some off time while I am there, but haven't found a good place to fish near Reno.  If anyone has some advice or wants a fishing partner, please let me know.  I will travel a coujple hours for some good fishin.  Bass is my passion, but honestly, I just love fishin.  I will pitch in on gas, food, etc.  Thanks for your time guys and Happy fishin.

I have never fished in the Reno area but a mod should be able to move you to the right forum ...

Nice to meet a neighbor :)

Good luck , and thanks for your service !!! 

There's a ton of really great fishing around Reno...

Here is the most recent fishing report form their local newspaper http://www.rgj.com/article/20140122/LIV08/301220083/Fishing-Report-Jan-23

and here is a listing of most of the major lakes and rivers in the area http://www.visitrenotahoe.com/reno-tahoe/what-to-do/water-adventures/fishing/fishing-locations

There's also a lot of backcountry lakes and streams (some really good trout fishing) that can be found using google maps.

Welcome..................

Welcome to the forums!

If you will still be in the area in the spring; there are a series of 3 reservoirs right across the CA/NV border in Truckee. Boca, Stampede and Prosser. Prosser and Stampede have smallies. I've not fished for the in Stampede but have in Prosser, near the dam. They are not large (least I haven't caught any large ones yet); but they are there and they put up a nice fight. 

From Reno to Truckee is ~30min.

Enjoy the forums! It's all fun!

Reno.... Yea been there never fished but chased a few of the biggest dang rabbits I haver ever seen in my life! I won !... It's a cool place and the golden nugget? Yea and there's a mustang farm or something ...

Happy fishing!!!

Thanks for the info guys.  I will be here monthly for the next x nmber of years, so I will definitely fish those lakes.  As for Tahoe, I will have to read up more on that one.

Welcome!

Welcome Home!

Again, thank you for the hospitality.  I will try those reservoirs on the ca/nv border once the ice goes away :)