Sign in to follow this  
jacobhookem

Baitsmith 6 inch swimbait

Baitsmith makes quality swimbaits. I have caught a fair amount of fish on them.

6" Hudds are 1/2 the price of the Baitsmith.

That is my only complaint about them is the price.

I hope they are good I  bought a few from Bass Tackle Depot & Tackle Whse when they had their Black Friday sales which made the price a little easier to take. I just ordered a school (7 FOR 100$) of Matt's new Tournament series baits, I've heard good things about the swimming action of this bait. My project next year is to compare soft 6" & 7" soft swimbaits from Realprey,3:16 Rising Son,Osprey, Matt's , Rago, River to Sea, Hudd & Baitsmith to see which ones ultimately work out as my go to baits. Some baits like the RTS & Rising son have a wide kick and then there are others like the Hudd that have minimal movement. Some have suggested that the wide kicking baits tend to excel in warmer water and the subtle baits will shine in clear water especially in cooler water temps. This will be part of my learning curve to see if this proves true in the waters I fish.

I have had some quality control issues with the 6in huds. They don't swim straight. I don't know if they have fixed the problem but at half the price it seemed like half of them swam straight. They did however replace the baits that were bad. I have only had the issue with the 6in weedless.

Went out today and threw the baitsmith around a bit and caught one nice 2+ pound largemouth. Sweet bait, swims great... ordering two more right now!

I have had some quality control issues with the 6in huds. They don't swim straight. I don't know if they have fixed the problem but at half the price it seemed like half of them swam straight. They did however replace the baits that were bad. I have only had the issue with the 6in weedless.

I haven't been throwing my 6" weedless hudd's for the same reason. However, the 3:16 Mission fish has been a pretty good bait as of late.. :)