Sign in to follow this  
bmac31

St Croix Rod Help

Hey everyone, I picked up a st croix tidemaster TS70MHF from a budddy today. Its 7ft, med heavy power,fast action, sc" graphite. 10-20lb. 1/2 - 1 1/2oz. I think its made for saltwater, I was wondering if I could use it for fresh and if so what presentation I should use for it. Iam gonna be dedicating a lot of my catches to the BR Crew this year lol.

Brian

That's a beefy rod, it can do over the max rating too. Definitely one of croix's saltwater lines.

• Like 1

I've never even seen one in person, but with those ratings I'd be thinking either a plastics/jig rod or frogging. 

It's a saltwater rod, but it's very similar to the Premier rods, with more corrosion resistant guides. It's not overly sensitive for bottom contact, but could be used for that, frogs, or big moving baits.

It's their lower grade graphite (SC2?) and the guides make the rod feel heavy to me, but they are super nice rods. 

Thanks guys, im gonna try and either trade or sell it. If not ill just hang on to it for salt water.

Brian

Thanks guys, im gonna try and either trade or sell it. If not ill just hang on to it for salt water.

Brian

It's a sweet rod, in fact it will be one of the next rods I'll buy but unfortunately I don't have the funds for it.

Put on a 3000 size reel with 20lb braid you're good for inshore