Sign in to follow this  
Ian Bleam

How To Find Leaks

So I have an old bass tracker boat and it has a slow leak in it. Ive looked and looked but I can't find it! any suggestions on how to find it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Pull everything from the boat and fill it with water and look physically for leaks. Tilt the front jack down so the water doesnt pool in the back. That said, if your in Michigan this time of year is definitely not the best time to do that.. Could very well be in the livewell system or around one of the through hull fittings though. Not a bad idea to pull them all and reseal them and wait till the spring and see

You'll be hearing many suggestions like checking livewell hoses & vavles to possible backsplash having water leak in if sealed with caulk. Filling boat with water and checking for leaks.

Hope you do find something easily. Have a Tundra which had water leak. Drove me crazy. Finally rechecked everything from top to bottom again. Then the worst was found - corrosion along port side of hull. Now I have to take it to Missouri hoping they will do a proper repair job. Right now Tracker is not my choice for any future boat.

Wish you the best.....Good luck.

Older Tracker boats are notorious for leaking rivets.  Filling the boat with water is about the only solution for finding them.  Start with just a few inches in the bottom and slowly increase the amount up to the water line to find the culprits.  Problem with this is the foam will also absorb a lot of this water which is another issue with many boats including Tracker.

Older Tracker boats are notorious for leaking rivets.  Filling the boat with water is about the only solution for finding them.  Start with just a few inches in the bottom and slowly increase the amount up to the water line to find the culprits.  Problem with this is the foam will also absorb a lot of this water which is another issue with many boats including Tracker.

Older riveted Trackers I believe were made by Fisher, and yes, they were leakers.