Sign in to follow this  
Bass2124

Pinnacle Optimus Xt Baitcasting Reel

Here we go again! Another closeout reel that seems too good to pass up.  $179.00 down too $103.  I can get another Lews speed spool for $99 (have one already) but I like this quickflip option.  Seems like it could come in handy while flipping.  Anyone have one?

i have it 7.3:1 and it is my favorite reel, right next to my lews TP. real smooth, good drag, i love the grips, and the flip button is nice too. you can go wrong with this reel. btw, the one i have is the chrome material 

Is there much difference between the 2?  Don't know much about pinnacle?  Could care less about the name.  I just think the quickflip is something that would be useful and for the price it isn't too bad considering their website has it retailing for $179.  I really like the lews speed spool.  As far as quality and life a little apprehensive when it comes to pinnacle since there is not much for reviews or press.  

Pinnacle has invested a lot of time and money introducing the new Tournament Class Reels.

If this helps, I'm a die-hard Shimano fan, but now have two XLT and a HiXS.

http://www.pinnaclefishing.com/shop/s-5-Tournament-Class-Reels.aspx

Well I called Pinnacle directly and got a sales rep on the phone immediately. Very Helpful and knowledgabel and pretty much sold me on  the reel. He said that the XLT and the XT are the same with the exception of the external gold plating that the XLT has.  He said that the XT is a closeout being replaced by a newer model that has the same internal structure as the XT and XLT.   Went ahead and bought one for $83 bucks from united outdoors on ebay with free S/H! They have good reviews so I hope they are true on their description.  The rep at pinnacle said some vendors just get rid of older models to make room for new inventory and take their losses.   He assured me that as long as the product was new the warrantly would be valid and there are plenty of parts for the XT if need be.  So basically as long as I get the described reel I will have saved myself over a $100+ bucks. First baitcaster I have purcahsed that has retailed for that much.  $100 reels have always been my cut off line.  Interested if I will see the difference between my Lews speed spool and Bass Pro shop ProQualifier which I both got for under $100.   

Now I just need a nice rod that I can save a $100 on to go with it :)!