Sign in to follow this  
ghost_207

Headlamps help

I don't know of any specific ones, but make sure you get one with a red light also. That way you're not blind after tying a knot.

I've been using Petzl's for work and home/fishing. They seem to hold up well and batteries last a long time. The band is comfortable also. Even comes in a camo color, I think.

I've been using Petzl's for work and home/fishing. They seem to hold up well and batteries last a long time. The band is comfortable also. Even comes in a camo color, I think.

Petzl Tactikka is the way too go!  ~$37!!!

Petzl Tactikka is the way too go! ~$37!!!

X3 !!!!!!!

best ;D thing for headlamps is water and cold. air.

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll put someones eye out with those.... 8-)

Check this one out:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10213152_100016007_100000000_100016000?hvarAID=shopping_googlebase&om_mmc=shopping_googlebase

It is the clip to the bill of your cap kind, really convenient.

And you recharge it in your truck's power outlet.

Again, very convenient, don't have to worry about batteries.

(If that link doesn't work it is made by Quarrow.)

def a cabelas head lamp. had 3 different petzl tikas. they are bright but have no depth. ill try to post the link of the one i have. right at 45 bucks i think. and you have the cabelas coverage. i have 3 of these and have given 5 away as xmas gifts and there now the go to head lamp for me buddies.

My friend bought one on Ebay once from Taiwan, it was like $60 but it was valued at over $100.  It took a few weeks to arrive, but it is the brightest headlamp I have ever seen.  I will have to get the name and post it on here when I see him again.

I have the cabelas alaskan guide headlamp with the 3 green led bulbs. It is exceedingly bright, also has white maxbrite led for long distances, and is very easy on batteries. I have used it for about 6 years now hunting and fishing.

Best part, if you watch, they will go on sale from time to time for 24.95 to 29.95. At that price, it is a great value.

I bought mine at Walmart...one of the led ones made by Energizer for like $20..ive had it now for over 3yrs and still works GREAT!!! I use it for everything fishing,hunting or just working around house! I even used it diving in shallow waters at night with out a prob! works GREAT!! Not to mention batteries last forever! I know your thinking CHEAP bc from wally or not top of line brand but well worth $$ i promise you! ;)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-5-LED-Headlight/15571828?sourceid=1500000000000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15571828

The Petzl TacTikka XP is the best I've used.  The boost button pretty much makes it a spotlight.  If you've spent a night in my boat, you know what I'm talking about.

I've always been very happy with the Black Diamond "Spot"

You can choose a 3 LED option for a dimmer/wide light or a bright 1 LED option for more of a spotlight.