Sign in to follow this  
slainempire

Going To Bass Pro Tomorrow, Help Me Pick Some Things

of course i have a big list but what do you guys think i should get that is under the radar? i like to try new and different things so any suggestion is welcome!

Depends man. What are you gonna focus on this year?. Weedy lakes and ponds or clear Rocky rivers? Something inbetween? You prefer plastics ? Hard baits?

Take your time, look through each aisle, and find what YOU think will work for the areas and types of fishing that you prefer. Asking thousands of people will only confuse things.

(2) Rapala DT 4 Length 2", Weight 5/16 oz, Dive Depth 4 ft, Class Floating
Color: Bluegill
Color: Yellow Perch

(1) Mann's Baby 1- Elite

Color: Bluegill

(1) Lucky Craft "Skeet Reese" SKT Mini MR

S.K.T. Mini MR 2" 3/8oz 3-5ft Floating
Color: Skeet Reese Baby Bluegill

(1) Spro John Crews Baby Fat John 50
Baby Fat John 50 2" 3/8oz 0-2ft
Color: Citris nasty

Rapala BX Balsa Extreme Jointed Minnow 3-1/2", 5/16oz, 6-8ft, Hook size 6

(1) Color: Perch
(1) Color: Yellow Perch

(1) Color: Smelt

(1) Color: Gold Shiner

Take your time, look through each aisle, and find what YOU think will work for the areas and types of fishing that you prefer. Asking thousands of people will only confuse things.

I would agree with this but everytime I look through the aisles. I end up being there for like 4-5 hours.

For bodies of water i fish its really all over the place, rocky river(susquehanna in PA), grassy and shallow, deep and rocky, staned, clear, you name it.  Ido fish more with soft plastics but spend a good chunk of time with hard baits as well.  Funny enough, talonman, the dt4 in both of those colors are on my list.  Here in PA we dont really have much shad in our waters so bluegill and perch type colors make more sense for me.  As for things i need to expand on i dont have much experience with swimbaits so they are something i dont really know what to look for.

Only thing I could suggest is, learn another technique.  Get what you need  to apply that technique.  I always try a new one every year. 

Only thing I could suggest is, learn another technique. Get what you need to apply that technique. I always try a new one every year.

X2! Pick up a new bait and don't put it down until you have complete confidence in how and when to use it.

Rapala Rippin Rap 1/2oz chrome blue and if you really lucky to find one get the silent (Non-rattle) version.

KVD Line and Lure Conditioner

New Sunglasses

Wacky O-Tool and rings

Digital Scale

PFD

I saw advertised they were having their Spring Classic sale towards the end of this month, don't forget about that

At least once a week that's our date night......grab some supper out...usually BBQ but could be steak......then over to BPS and walk all the aisles......at least boating and fishing aisles. Usually 2 or 3 times a week after fishing when the weather warms up.

not the best pictures but it gives the idea.  2 bps bionic plus baitcasters(6.3:1, 7.0:1), bps viper spinning reel, bps tourney special spinning rod 6' M(not pictured), 2 reel covers, 2 rod socks, a pack of rod wraps, spooling station, jig eye cleaner, braid scissors, 3 spools of various line, 12 various crank baits, 2 spinner baits, 2 buzzbaits, 15 bags of various soft plastics, 1 booyah pad crasher jr, 7 jigs, and 3 sizes of bullet sinkers.  im pretty sure thats it unless i just missed something.  as it was my first trip ever to bass pro it was a little overwhelming but man was it fun.  cant wait to do it again!

post-45760-0-95184900-1391921485_thumb.j

post-45760-0-20090500-1391921487_thumb.j

• Like 1