joshc23

Falcon Bucoo Rods

I was in the local walmart last night and they had the Falcon Bucoo Micro BC for $65 as well as the whole lineup.  They are going to stop carrying them and have them marked down for clearance.  Is this a deal one should jump on?  I know they are almost weightless in your hand it seems, but do they hold up?  They had a pitchin' stick 6'10 MH and a 6'10H as well as a 6'6M.  Has anyone fished these?

I like them and think they are a good price at normal retail considering they are American made.  I'd say at that price its a deal.  Amazing what walmarts in some regions carry.  My states walmarts would never carry a rod over $39. Ive looked from Miami to Orlando!

Great deal you got some awesome rods.

I'll have to check my local walmart. I don't feel the Bucoo's are worth $100 at retail. The $65 price tag isn't bad. They're nice light rods. Not overly sensitive, but they're tolerable considering the price. My biggest gripe is with the split grips and they have a lot of exposed threads above the reel seat. Wouldn't kill them to trim off a few. Otherwise, for $65, that's a heck of a deal.

I've gotten a falcon bucoo from Walmart that was marked down to $30 and another that was marked down to $20. Different wal marts, but same relative area. I don't know if they were mis marked or what.

For $15 more, you can grab a Veritas or an *** Black from Gander Mountain. They have a sale going on right now.

That's a awesome $ spent.... I would buy 6 right now if I could get them!

Also, they stand behind the product (Falcon)

Yep, great buy!

Have fun using them !!

I wish Falcon never sold off their tackle organizer division. Falcon does make quality stuff.

Anyone wall trade me a falcon?

My walmart only has them marked down to $100 right now. :/

I like them and think they are a good price at normal retail considering they are American made.  I'd say at that price its a deal.  Amazing what walmarts in some regions carry.  My states walmarts would never carry a rod over $39. Ive looked from Miami to Orlando!

I don't know why you have such trouble, the walmart up here in Sarasota has Falcon, Daiwa, Castaway, and I've even seen some of the higher end Abu Garcia rods there. PM me if you want to know which one.

That being said, my Bucoo spinning rod is wonderful, very sensitive and has just the proper amount of power for the application I use it for.... 

The one in Nokomis by the post office? Not aware of one in Sarasota City limits.

I'm told the one on Kings Hywy had a few last week.

Mike

Thanks I'll give it a go

I'm gonna have to check some Walmart's out when I get home to see what they have.  Fished this series for the last couple yrs and they have held up great, I currently have 6 of them.  Very light and sensitive.  If you found them for $65, I'd get a few for sure. And have to agree, the 7M spinning rod is awsome.  Great wacky and dropshot rod. The 7MH is a great all around rod, and the 7M casting is a great crankbait rod due to the moderate action.

You should have driven another half hour north.  Walmart in Deland carries the Bucoos.  At least they did 2 years ago when I bought my Jupiter there...an $80 rod.