Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Double Drop Shot Rig?

Have any of you fished this? A friend of mine told me it is killer way to fish the drop shot.I have fished a double fluke rig before buy not this. Just looking for info or feed back?

I've tried it, but I didn't have any luck with it.

Is is legal in WI?

yes it is legal, and i have not tried it yet, BUT i have a scaled down version on an ice fishing rod for panfish, going to try it on saturday :D

it is illegal to fish with more than 3 hooks, baits, or lures.

So, are going to fish two baits above a weight, or will the weight be a bait, like a jig or shaky head?

Personally, I've only done the former for panfish, and it works well when they are rockin'. Other times, its a put off to the fish.

With the latter version, you'll have to change the hook for one that works better with a hookset, like Owner Downshot Offset hooks.  You don't want a reel set hook mixed with a snap set hook.

:D

We have been doing a double rig with a jig/wacky worm for many many years, way before the term drop shot came into being. It is effective and sometimes produces a double.

With the advent of better electroincs, man Table Rock guides make a living dropshotting for spots and smallies. Many of them run a weight, a worm 10-12" up and another 10-12" up they add a second worm. That gives the client twice as many chances for a hook up.

Been crappie fishing that way since the 1970's. Never thought about doing it for bass. Good idea.