Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Premium Hook Sale

Both of my local Walmarts have a ton of their premium hooks on sale for $2 a pack, you might want to check yours out.. Mustad EWGs and Trebles, various Daiichi worm hooks, tons of Gammys all sorts of styles, a few Owner Twistlock senko hooks (mine only had 2/0s and 3/0s) and tons of  StanleyRibbit Doubletakes (don't look for these, I bought them all...). 

Also on sale was a bunch of other stuff, some Powerbait, Fireline, Kinami flashes ($5...eh), Excalibur Squarebills (there were only 2 left - got em), and a ton of left over pradco stuff from last year's promotion for 50 cents.

Crud. Meant to post this in the Tackle forum... Sorry mods.

Haha I keep hearing about these wal mart deals so the wife went to wal mart the other day and asked if I wanted anything. SO I said yea you know what I fish pick me up some stuff.... She came back with a few flies (I've never even fly fished) and a 2" Rebel Cricket lol then she goes there you said you want to fish out of your comfort zone try these out... smh... idk if i'll use the flies but I hope I land a monster on that cricket (even though the treble hooks are tiny) just so I can rub it in for her being such a smart a..

• Like 1

That cricket can, and will, catch fish.  I actually went up 1 size on the hooks and they do pretty well on river smallies.  Just be prepared for the lip to bust off if your fishing rock at all.

Oh I'm sure it will. As a kid I used to fish crickets and caught a ton of pan fish and rainbows. Never caught bass with it but I am thinking about going up from the #10 that are on it for sure. The detail on it is really nice and I see it 6-9.00 online and she paid 1.50 at Wal Mart. I have just the place in mind to use it. The trout are stocked and a lot of different panfish are in there. They stock 4 different species of fish and about 8-10 native species in there as well.

They mostly run small as they get bigger they move into the Lake, but it's a great place to bring the kids. Usually catch an assortment of panfish,rainbow and brook trout and a couple of smallies. Everyone is always guranteed to catch at least 6-7 fish per hour. Usually nothing to write home about but forgiving spot for them to learn to bank fish, not a lot of rocks where I put them and keeps them interested. Then I usually leave the wife with them towards the end and hop over to the spillway on the otherside into the lake and land a few lunkers to show off before we leave.

Just went back and cleaned up on Daiichi hooks.  Was going to buy all of the mustad trebles, but somebody got to them before me.  Dang.

Our walmart just stocked itself with strike king rodents, swimming caffeine shads and some other misc plastics. There is a massive wall of the kvd line of mustad hooks. Almost all gama hooks and tungsten is on clearance.

Nice, mine didn't have the Tungsten on sale yet.

Nice, mine didn't have the Tungsten on sale yet.

Which ones did you clear out so I know which ones to hit?

My walmart had a bunch of stuff on clearance. bought 3 packs each, #1, #2, and #4 VMC spinshots for 2$ each. also some trokar, mustad, and owner hooks. some were as low as 1$ for 5 hooks.

I just went racks were empty. Yum baits were all 1.50 a bag for soft got a bigger hula popper for 2.49 usually 5.99 and the last 4/0 mustag hooks. Did see a tackle box ive been eyeing for 70.00 on sale for 34.00 didn't pull the trigger though. I'm at a wall for tackle ive bought so much the last few months the only thing I didn't have there was that hula. Smh I need help lol or a bigger selection than super wal mart

Which ones did you clear out so I know which ones to hit?

The one I hit the hardest was the Winchester pleasant valley store. I got some stuff from the Rt 50 store too. I was going to drive to the Front Royal store, but didn't have time.